Evelyn Marion McGeever
F, b. 1901
Mary Agnes McGeever
F, b. February 1904
F, b. 29 November 1890, d. 9 January 1933
- Charts: Descendants of Stephen Hooper
- Effie McGeorge was born on 29 November 1890 in Leith, Scotland.
- She was the daughter of James Samuel McGeorge and Joan Dage.
- Effie McGeorge immigrated to Sydney in 1910. She may have come with her brother James Samuel McGeorge who was two years younger.
- At the age of 25 years, 8 months and 14 days, Effie McGeorge married Charles Edward French, son of John Maitland French and Elizabeth Ann Bailey, on 12 August 1916 in Manly, New South Wales, Australia. Details from the marriage certificate appear on his War Record. They were married by William Henry Young on 12 August 1916 at Manly. Effie was the 26 year old daughter of James McGeorge a postal inspector. She worked as a domestic, living in Manly. Charles was 30 living in Newcastle son of John French, a hairdresser.
- Sometime after their marriage Effie went back to Scotland (28 Windsor Street Edinburgh) to nurse her mother. Charles' address remained as Logan Street, Tenterfield. His hair colour was now noted as grey, not dark. He was sent to London. Just before his discharge in 1919 his wife Effie wrote to Charles' captain in London asking that Charles be discharged in England so she could stay with her mother in Scotland who was suffering from a heart condition. He was finally discharged on 4 December 1919 in London having satisfied the Australian military that he would be given work in Scotland by his father in law, James McGeorge.
- In March 1918 Charles and Effie had a family photo with their child Effie.
- In 1919.
- On 2 November 1919 Effie wrote a letter from her mother's home at 28 Hudson Street, Edinburgh to Captain Dowden, of London. It stated:-
Owing to the very serious condition of my mother's health I have had to leave Australia where I have been residing for the last nine years. I arrived in Scotland four weeks ago.
My mother is quite incapacitated from work, therefore my services are required here in her home for many years.
This is my reason for not returning to Austalia, and if you see your way to give my husband his discharge here, it will save us a good deal of unnecessary expense, and worry, as he would have to return to Britain on the first available steamer, if he has to return to Australia."
Yours sincerely - Effie French.
- Effie McGeorge's and Charles Edward French's second child, Charles Cecil French was born 15 August 1920 in New South Wales.
- In 1922 Charles and Effie had a family photo with their children Effie and Charles.
- Effie McGeorge died on 9 January 1933 in Queensland at age 42.
James Samuel McGeorge
M, b. 1867, d. 1927
- James Samuel McGeorge was born in 1867 in Scotland.
- At the age of 21 years, James Samuel McGeorge married Joan Dage in 1888.
- James Samuel McGeorge.
- On 6 November 1919 James McGeorge (Effie's father) wrote a letter to the Army regarding employing his son-in-law Charles French.
It was written from Edinburgh Postal District to The Commonwealth Authorities, London and stated:-
I have much pleasure in assuring you that I will undertake to guarantee Mr Chas E French suitable employment provided that he obtains his discharge from the AIF. Yours Faithfully - Jas McGeorge, Asst Inspector of Postmen?"
- James Samuel McGeorge died in 1927.
James Samuel McGeorge
M, b. 3 August 1892
Rose Ann McGill
F, b. 1878, d. 22 June 1936
- Rose Ann McGill was born in 1878. She was the daughter of Charles Henry McGill.
- At the age of 34 years, Rose Ann McGill married Henry Frederick Hoppe, son of Albert Juluis Hoppe and Friedricke Bertha Platzke, in 1912 in Queensland.
- Rose Ann McGill died on 22 June 1936 in Queensland.
- Rose was buried on 23 June 1936 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. RC4-012-0040.
Walter James McGill
M, b. circa 1900
Gwendoline Mary McGough
F, b. circa 1921, d. 1955
- Gwendoline Mary McGough was born circa 1921.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough married Roy Francis Charlton, son of Frank Charlton and Annie May Bidgood, in 1941 in Queensland.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough appeared on the Electoral Roll with Annie May Bidgood and Frank Charlton in 1943 in Blackbutt. Frank was a labourer.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough appeared on the Electoral Roll with Frank Charlton in 1949 in Blackbutt. Frank was a labourer.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough appeared on the Electoral Roll with Frank Charlton and Annie May Bidgood in 1954 in Blackbutt. Frank was a labourer.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough died in 1955 in Queensland.
Constance Mary McGovern
F, b. 20 August 1910, d. 18 July 1978
- Constance Mary McGovern was born on 20 August 1910 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of John Michael (Jack) McGovern and Maria (Mary) Vandersee.
- At the age of 28 years, 3 months and 3 days, Constance Mary McGovern married Frank Claud Higginson, son of Charles Alfred Higginson and Louisa Julia Blinco, on 23 November 1938 in Toowoomba.
- On 1 June 1974,her husband, Frank Claud Higginson died in Queensland at age 65.
- Constance Mary McGovern died on 18 July 1978 in Queensland at age 67.
F, b. 13 December 1893, d. 29 July 1968
- Ivy McGovern was born on 13 December 1893 in Queensland. She was the daugther of Henry McGovern and Elizabeth Nelson.
- At the age of 20 years, Ivy McGovern married Theodore Lucht, son of Carl Christy Wilhelm Lucht and Henrietta Catherina (Cecilia) Henricks, in 1914.
- Ivy McGovern died on 29 July 1968 in Queensland at age 74.
- Ivy was buried in Evergreen Cemetery.
John Michael (Jack) McGovern
M, b. 1880, d. 17 January 1966
- John Michael (Jack) McGovern was born in 1880 in Queensland. He was the son of Patrick McGovern & Mary Blake.
- At the age of 29 years, John Michael (Jack) McGovern married Maria (Mary) Vandersee, daughter of Christian (Wilhelm) Vandersee and Caroline Kanowski, in 1909 in Queensland.
- On 6 April 1960,his wife, Maria (Mary) Vandersee died in Queensland.
- John Michael (Jack) McGovern died on 17 January 1966 in Queensland.
- John was buried on 18 January 1966 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. RC8-007-0014.
F, b. 1889, d. 12 November 1929
- Sarah McGovern was born in 1889 in Queensland. She was the daughter of Henry Edward McGovern and Elizabeth Ann Nelson.
- At the age of 26 years, Sarah McGovern married William Edward Beutel, son of Edward Beutel and Maria (Mary) Lebsanft, in 1915 in Queensland.
- Sarah McGovern and William Edward Beutel appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1926 living at Boodua. William was a manager.
- Sarah McGovern died on 12 November 1929 in Queensland.
- Sarah was buried in Evergreen Cemetery.
F, b. circa 1895, d. 1936
- Violet McGovern was born circa 1895. She was the daugther of Henry McGovern and Elizabeth Nelson.
- Violet McGovern married Ernest (Thomas) Widderick, son of Hans Detfle Widderich and Anna Maria Glindenmann, in 1913 in Queensland.
- Violet McGovern died in 1936 in Queensland.
Children of Violet McGovern and Ernest (Thomas) Widderick
F, b. circa 1810, d. June 1833
- Eliza McGowan was born circa 1810. She was possibly born in Newry, County Down, Ireland.
- She was the daughter of Thomas McGowan and Isabella Unknown.
- Eliza McGowan married Thomas Baker, son of William Baker and Jane Key, on 5 June 1826 in India. They were married by Bans. Thomas Baker was a Serjeant HM 13th Light Infantry,Bachelor aged 29 years. Eliza McGowan,a spinster 16 years. They were married by HR Shepherd, District Chaplain, in the presence of Robert Sutherland Serjeant HM 13 Lt Infantry, James Janes Garrison Clerk. Eliza's parents Thomas McGowan and Isabella McGowan signed the document with their mark.
- Eliza McGowan died in June 1833 in Bengal, India.
- Eliza was buried on 6 July 1833 in Bengal, India. Her age was given as 18.
M, b. 1822, d. 24 October 1822
F, b. 24 September 1815, d. April 1832
- Isabella McGowan was baptized on 24 September 1815 in Masulipatam, India.
- She was the daughter of Thomas McGowan and Isabella Unknown.
- At the age of 13 years, 5 months and 13 days, Isabella McGowan married John Kent on 9 March 1829 in Bengal, India. Isabellas age was given as 14 years.
- Isabella McGowan died in April 1832 in Bengal, India, at age 16.
- Isabella was buried on 5 April 1832 in Bengal, India.
F, b. 30 November 1818
M, b. 1807, d. 13 January 1847
- John McGowan was born in 1807.
- John McGowan died on 13 January 1847.
- John was buried on 14 January 1847 in Dinapore, Bengal, India.
M, b. circa 1792
- Thomas McGowan was born circa 1792 in Newry, County Down, Ireland.
- Thomas McGowan married Isabella Unknown circa 1810.
- Thomas McGowan began military service in 1812.He enlisted as a private with the 86th Regiment of Foot. He was twenty years old and a cordwainer by trade. After almost seven years he volunteered to move to the 17th Regiment and stayed with them from 1 March 1819 until 21 November 1822, a period of almost four years, when he again volunteered for a move. This time he went to the 13th Regiment and stayed with them for over 17 years (a period when he was in India). He was discharged from the Army on 23 February 1842 after over 27 years service.
- He ended military service on 9 March 1842 in Bengal, India.He had been with the 13th regiment for almost twenty years.
F, b. 1866, d. 25 February 1893
- Charts: Descendants of John Burgess
- Bridget McGrail was born in 1866.
- At the age of 19 years, Bridget McGrail married William George Burgess, son of George Burgess and Mary Ann Smith, on 29 July 1885 in Tasmania.
- Bridget McGrail died on 25 February 1893 in Deloraine. She died in a house fire shortly after giving birth to a daugher Nellie who died at birth.
- On 11 August 1938,her husband, William George Burgess died in Cheltenham, Victoria, at age 77.
F, b. circa 1845
- Annie McGrath was born circa 1845.
- Annie McGrath married Thomas Gelling in 1868 in New South Wales.
F, b. circa 1825
- Bridget McGrath was born circa 1825.
- Bridget McGrath married Patrick Peters circa 1850.
M, b. circa 1880
- Charles McGrath was born circa 1880.
- Charles McGrath married Isabella Matthews.
Ellen Jane McGrath
F, b. circa 1890, d. 1917
- Ellen Jane McGrath was born circa 1890.
- She was the daughter of James McGrath and Mary Ryan.
- Ellen Jane McGrath married John Vincent Leane, son of Denis Michael Leane and Elizabeth O'Connoll, in 1912 in Queensland.
- Ellen Jane McGrath and John Vincent Leane appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1915 living at Coalbank. John was a grazier.
- Ellen Jane McGrath died in 1917 in Queensland.
M, b. circa 1860
- James McGrath was born circa 1860.
- James McGrath married Mary Ryan circa 1885.
James Patrick McGrath
M, b. circa 1875, d. 1943
Jean Alice McGrath
F, b. 29 December 1909, d. 20 June 2001
- Charts: Descendants of Stephen Hooper
- Jean Alice McGrath was born on 29 December 1909 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Charles McGrath and Isabella Matthews.
- At the age of 26 years and 9 months, Jean Alice McGrath married James Allison Hooper, son of James Thomas Hooper and Catherine Agnes (Kate) Hayes, in October 1936 in Queensland.
- On 28 March 1976,her husband, James Allison Hooper died at age 78.
- Jean Alice McGrath died on 20 June 2001 in Boonah Hospital at age 91.
Mary Ellen McGrath
F, b. 1853, d. 27 December 1936
- Mary Ellen McGrath was born in 1853.
- She was the daughter of Owen McGrath and Ellen Smith.
- At the age of 21 years, Mary Ellen McGrath married John McPhail, son of Archibald McPhail and Jane Macfarlane, in 1874 in St Matthews Church, Toowoomba.
- In 1894 moved to the Plainby area. According to the book "From Tall Timbers" Between 1885 and 1889, most of the available land at Plainby was settled, being Homestead Selections for 2s. 6d. Per acre. In 1894, J McPhail came to the Plainby area for a few years. He bought milk and made cheese. When he gave up making cheese, the Silverwood Butter Factory ran a separator on his property, buying milk from the farmers. Later the farmers separated their own milk and sent cream direct to the Crow’s Nest Butter Factory.
- Mary Ellen McGrath and John McPhail appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Djuan. John was a farmer.
- Mary Ellen McGrath and John McPhail appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Pierce Creek. John was a farmer.
- On 11 August 1932,her husband, John McPhail died in Queensland.
- Mary Ellen McGrath died on 27 December 1936 in Queensland.
- Mary was buried on 28 December 1936 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
Children of Mary Ellen McGrath and John McPhail
- Archibald McPhail+ b. 1875, d. 9 May 1955
- Jane McPhail+ b. 17 September 1877, d. 25 August 1945
- Ellen Grace McPhail+ b. 17 November 1879, d. 3 May 1953
- Owen Augustus McPhail+ b. 30 September 1881, d. 7 November 1951
- John Donald McPhail b. 26 October 1883, d. 10 May 1967
- Thomas George McPhail+ b. 19 December 1885, d. 25 May 1977
- Agnes Christina McPhail+ b. 11 December 1888, d. March 1969
- Violet Ann McPhail b. 6 February 1890, d. 1961
- Andrew McPhail b. 1892, d. August 1893
- Jessie Margaret McPhail b. 5 October 1894, d. 19 July 1991
- Leslie Andrew McPhail b. 4 February 1898, d. 27 August 1963
M, b. circa 1825
- Owen McGrath was born circa 1825.
- Owen McGrath married Ellen Smith circa 1850.
Reginald James McGrath
M, b. 1904, d. 1983
- Reginald James McGrath was born in 1904 in Queensland.
- He was the son of James Patrick McGrath and Frances Ellenaor Creed.
- Reginald James McGrath appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Pechey. Reg was a farmer.
- At the age of 29 years, Reginald James McGrath married Sylvia Eileen Blinco, daughter of James Henry Blinco and Hilda Matilda Hunt, in 1933 in Queensland.
- Reginald James McGrath died in 1983 in Queensland.