F, b. circa 1860
- Catherine Manly was born circa 1860.
- Catherine Manly married Edward Aldridge circa 1885.
Children of Catherine Manly and Edward Aldridge
- Edward Nigel Aldridge b. 27 June 1893, d. 16 September 1975
- Nigel Charles Aldridge b. 31 January 1904, d. 14 September 1997
F, b. 1871, d. 1959
- Elizabeth Manly was born in 1871. She was the daughter of Thomas Manly and Julianna Caulfield.
- At the age of 22 years, Elizabeth Manly married John Sloss on 23 November 1893 in Victoria.
- On 17 November 1953,her husband, John Sloss died in Queensland at age 90.
- Elizabeth Manly died in 1959 in Queensland.
Children of Elizabeth Manly and John Sloss
- Mary Elizabeth Sloss+ b. 17 August 1894, d. 30 November 1980
- Constance Lilian Sloss+ b. 1896, d. 8 February 1972
- James William Alexander Sloss b. circa 1899, d. 1977
- Ivy Evelyn Sloss b. 1905
- Daisy Myrtle Sloss b. 1906
- Violet Euphoria Jane Sloss b. 1909
- Reginald Leonard George Sloss b. 1912
M, b. 24 November 1841, d. 3 June 1879
- Andrew Mann was born on 24 November 1841 in Clare, Armagh, Ireland.
- At the age of 22 years, Andrew Mann married Marcella May Cameron in 1864 in Drayton, Queensland.
- Andrew Mann died on 3 June 1879 in New South Wales at age 37.
Child of Andrew Mann and Marcella May Cameron
- Jean Mann+ b. 18 December 1867, d. 1929
Edward Fitzgerald Mann
M, b. 1919, d. 13 November 1963
- Edward Fitzgerald Mann was born in 1919.
- He was the son of Patrick Louis Mann and Catherine Josephine O'Donnell.
- Edward Fitzgerald Mann and Catherine Josephine O'Donnell appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Crow's Nest. Catherine was a dairy farmer and Edward a farm labourer. Margaret Eileen carried out home duties.
- Edward Fitzgerald Mann died on 13 November 1963 in Queensland.
- Edward was buried on 14 November 1963. RC3-014-0046 - He is buried with his brother Patrick.
Eva May Mann
F, b. 1890, d. 23 June 1974
- Eva May Mann was born in 1890 in Queensland. She was the daughter of Francis Mann and Bridget Connorty.
- At the age of 19 years, Eva May Mann married Albert James Gracey, son of John Gracey and Ellen Hurley, on 4 August 1909 in Queensland.
- Eva May Mann and Albert James Gracey appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1925 and 1930 living at Nutgrove. Albert, like his brother Robet was a carrier. Eva carried out home duties. Albert's mother may have lived with them.
- Eva May Mann and Albert James Gracey appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Nutgrove. Albert was a carrier.
- On 8 March 1950,her husband, Albert James Gracey died in Nutgrove, Queensland, at age 69.
- Eva May Mann died on 23 June 1974 in Queensland.
- Eva was buried in Evergreen Cemetery.
Children of Eva May Mann and Albert James Gracey
- Annie Isabell Gracey b. 1910
- Catherine (Jean) Gracey b. 29 January 1912
- Maureen Gracey b. circa 1916, d. 1932
- John James Gracey b. 2 July 1920, d. 2011
F, b. 18 December 1867, d. 1929
- Charts: Descendants of Louis Werner
Hermann Robert Emil (Dick) Werner and Jean (nee Mann) and their family. Photo taken c 1900. Photo courtesy of Helen J.
- Jean Mann was also known as Jane.
- She was born on 18 December 1867 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Andrew Mann and Marcella May Cameron.
- At the age of 20 years, Jean Mann married Hermann Robert Emil Werner, son of Louis H R Werner and Magdalena (Rosina) Albig, in 1888 in New South Wales, Australia.
- On 12 September 1912 The Tamworth Daily Observer reported that Richard had been given as send off from Tenterfiled when he moved to Inverell. The article read -" TENTERFIELD.
A very pleasing ceremony took place at tho School of Arts on Saturday evening last, the occasion being a presentation to Mr. R. Werner, an old and esteemed member of the Institute, and a native of Tenterfield, on the eve of his departure for Inverell, where he intends residing in the future. There was a large attendance of members and others, the chair being occupied by his Worship the Mayor and president of the Institution (Mr. G. H. Mitchell). The presentation took the form of a purse of sovereigns."
- Jean Mann was listed as the next of kin of George Andrew Werner when he enlisted in the Australian Army on 4 November 1915. He joined the 1st AIF. He was 22 years old and a farm labourer living at Swan Peak, Elsmore, Inverell. He had been a shoemaker by trade having worked for two years at the Boot Factory at Tenterfield. His mother, was given as next of kin.
George was posted for service in France on 4th May 1916. His Unit was the 33rd Batallion. On the 19th July 1917 he was promoted to Company Sergent Major. On the 15th March 1918 he was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal, DCM for Conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty. According to the London Gazette 4th March 1918. Page 2759 - "on the 12th October 1917 near PASSCHENDAELE this W.O. went forward of our lines in search of wounded, working over marshy ground and under heavy shell fire, he brought in two wounded men. His Company suffered heavy casualties and had only one Officer left. He was chiefly responsible for the radid and efficient organisation of his Company. He did excellent work in consolidating the new line.
Throughout the operation he displayed great courage, coolness and determination. Although the conditions was very adverse he maintained a most cheerful and optomistic attitude and set an excellent example to his men."
George's service number was 1510 - Company Sergeant Major, 33rd Bn., Australian Infantry AIF.
- On 31 March 1918,their son, George Andrew Werner died in France.
- On 16 May 1919 Jean Mann and Hermann Robert Emil Werner lived at Lawrence Street, Inverell. In January 1919, the address was Brodie's Plains, Inverell; on 3 February 1919, Jean gave her address as c/- Nurse Werner (Louisa Werner, Hermann's sister), Villa Santamarina, Albion Street, Waverly. Louisa herself wrote a letter on 16 April 1919 to the District Commandant enquiring as to the whereabouts of George's medal and in May 1920 Robert gave his address as c/- Mr A Draper, Bannockburn, Inverell.
- Jean Mann died in 1929 in New South Wales.
Children of Jean Mann and Hermann Robert Emil Werner
- Elizabeth May Werner b. 1889, d. 1967
- Elsie Rose Werner+ b. 1892, d. 21 January 1972
- George Andrew Werner b. 1894, d. 31 March 1918
- Marcella Ellen Werner b. 1895, d. 7 December 1895
- Robert Emil Werner+ b. 21 August 1897, d. 4 July 1956
- Dorothy Jean Werner b. 1899, d. 1966
- Alexandrina Frances (Rene) Werner+ b. 1902, d. 1977
- Charles Richard Werner+ b. 27 January 1905, d. 15 February 1966
- Keith Werner+ b. 21 July 1907, d. 1959
Margaret Eileen Mann
F, b. 1918, d. 15 May 1989
- Margaret Eileen Mann was born in 1918.
- She was the daughter of Patrick Louis Mann and Catherine Josephine O'Donnell.
- Margaret Eileen Mann appeared on the Electoral Roll with Catherine Josephine O'Donnell and Edward Fitzgerald Mann in 1943 in Crow's Nest. Catherine was a dairy farmer and Edward a farm labourer. Margaret Eileen carried out home duties.
- Margaret Eileen Mann died on 15 May 1989.
- Margaret was buried on 17 May 1989 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. RC9-003-0042 - She is buried with her mother.
Mary Ann Mann
F, b. circa 1855
- Mary Ann Mann was born circa 1855.
- Mary Ann Mann married William Alexander Bain in 1880 in Queensland.
Child of Mary Ann Mann and William Alexander Bain
- Margaret Bain+ b. 1881, d. 22 September 1969
M, b. 1921, d. 26 August 1937
- Patrick Mann was born in 1921.
- He was the son of Patrick Louis Mann and Catherine Josephine O'Donnell.
- Patrick Mann died on 26 August 1937 in Queensland.
- Patrick was buried on 27 August 1937 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. RC3-014-0046 - He is buried with his brother Edward.
Patrick Louis Mann
M, b. 1868, d. 3 November 1936
- Patrick Louis Mann was born in 1868. He was the son of Thomas Mann and - Hackett.
- At the age of 47 years, Patrick Louis Mann married Catherine Josephine O'Donnell in 1915 in Queensland. They appear to have lived somewhere in the Charleville district before coming to the Crow's Nest area.
- Patrick Louis Mann died on 3 November 1936 in Queensland.
- Patrick was buried in Charleville Cemetery.
Children of Patrick Louis Mann and Catherine Josephine O'Donnell
- Margaret Eileen Mann b. 1918, d. 15 May 1989
- Edward Fitzgerald Mann b. 1919, d. 13 November 1963
- Patrick Mann b. 1921, d. 26 August 1937
Thomas Alfred Mann
M, b. 1901
- Thomas Alfred Mann was born in 1901.
- At the age of 47 years, Thomas Alfred Mann married Winifred Rose Carter, daughter of Frank Howard Carter and Sarah Jane Harpley, on 5 August 1948 in Middlesex. At the time of the marriage Winifred was known as Winifred Mann and signed her name as Winifred Mann. Thomas was a progress clerk and divorced from his wife Edith Maud Randall. They were both living at 58 Hide Road, Harrow.
F, b. circa 1831
- Mary Mannell was born circa 1831 in Truro.
- Mary Mannell married James Chivell, son of James Chivell and Jane Hawke, on 6 November 1853 in Marylebone. The following article appeared in the WEST BRITON AND CORNWALL ADVERTISER on 11 November 1853 "At St. Marylebone, London, on Sunday last, Mr. James CHIVELL, of St.
Austell, to Mary, eldest daughter of Mr. MANNELL, governor of the Union
Workhouse, of the former place.."
- Mary Mannell and James Chivell appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in Middlesex. George is shown as a 50 year old coffee house keeper born St Austell, living with his wife Mary aged 50 born Truro and their children Mary Jane aged 15, coffee house assistant and son James 11 a scholar. Both children were born in St Pancreas London.
Children of Mary Mannell and James Chivell
- Louisa Mannell Chivell b. December 1856
- William Henry Chivell b. March 1859, d. December 1864
- Elizabeth Chivell b. March 1862
- Mary Jane Chivell b. December 1865
- James Henry Chivell b. September 1869
Annie May Manning
F, b. 30 December 1907, d. 1980
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Annie May Manning was born on 30 December 1907.
- At the age of 23 years, Annie May Manning married Lewis Gereld Randalf (Lewis Gerlald Randolph) Aberhart, son of Charles Frederick Aberhart and Isabella Bentley Stephens, in 1931 in New Zealand.
- In 1979,her husband, Lewis Gereld Randalf (Lewis Gerlald Randolph) Aberhart died in New Zealand.
- Annie May Manning died in 1980 in New Zealand.
F, b. circa 1886
- Elizabeth Manning was born circa 1886.
Elizabeth L Manning
F, b. 10 June 1883
- Charts: Descendants of John Burgess
- Elizabeth L Manning was born on 10 June 1883 in Tasmania. She was the daughter of James MANNING and Alice CROSSLEY.
- At the age of 29 years, 11 months and 11 days, Elizabeth L Manning married Albert Edward Butler, son of Josiah Butler and Eliza Burgess, on 21 May 1913 in Tasmania.
M, b. 1837
- Thomas Manning was born in 1837 in Somerset, England.
- His marriage, at 26 years, to Mary Ann Wootton, daughter of John Wootton and Hannah Baker, was registered in the September 1863 Quarter in Chard, Somerset Registration District.
- Thomas Manning and Mary Ann Wootton appeared on the census of 2 April 1871 in Somerset. Thomas was a 43 year old factory worker born Buckland St Mary, living with his wife Mary Ann 40 born Ilminster, and daughter in law (step daughter)Martha Jane Wottoon aged 16 a collar factory hand, born Chard.
F, b. circa 1815
- Elizabeth Mansbridge was born circa 1815.
- Elizabeth Mansbridge married William Primmer, son of Benjamin Primmer and Martha Newland, on 8 January 1837 in East Meon, Hampshire. William was a bachelor and Elizabeth a spinner - both of East Meon.
Children of Elizabeth Mansbridge and William Primmer
- Martha Primmer+ b. circa 1837
- Frances Primmer+ b. 26 May 1839, d. September 1928
- Alfred William Primmer b. 30 June 1844, d. before October 1867
- Jane Primmer b. 26 March 1848
M, b. 19 December 1910
- George Mansbridge was born on 19 December 1910 in Gros-Mécatina.
- He was the son of John William Mansbridge and Hannah Lucretia Hockey.
John Percival Mansbridge
M, b. 20 May 1925, d. 25 March 1990
- John Percival Mansbridge was born on 20 May 1925 in St George, Gloucestershire.
- He was the son of Percival Joseph Mansbridge and Edith Elizabeth Vowden.
- Between 1980 and 1982 he was polytechnic librarian.
- John Percival Mansbridge died on 25 March 1990 in Brentry, Gloucestershire, at age 64. He died from Ischaemic acute left ventricular failure.
- John was cremated in Gloucestershire.
John William Mansbridge
M, b. 29 March 1881
- John William Mansbridge was born on 29 March 1881 in Gros-Mécatina.
- At the age of 28 years, 6 months and 27 days, John William Mansbridge married Hannah Lucretia Hockey, daughter of Noah Hockey and Phobe Major, on 26 October 1909 in Gros-Mécatina.
Child of John William Mansbridge and Hannah Lucretia Hockey
- George Mansbridge b. 19 December 1910
Percival Joseph Mansbridge
M, b. 15 November 1880, d. 17 May 1961
- Percival Joseph Mansbridge was born on 15 November 1880 in Newtown, Gloucestershire.
- He was the son of Thomas Mansbridge and Rachel Smith.
- Percival Joseph Mansbridge's birth was registered in the an unknown place , Gloucester Registration District in the December 1880 Quarter.
- At the age of 31 years, 9 months and 5 days, Percival Joseph Mansbridge married Edith Elizabeth Vowden, daughter of William Vowden and Elizabeth Weight, on 20 August 1912 in Moorfields, Gloucestershire. Percival was living at 8 Claremont Terrace, Bristol at the time of his marriage. He was a clerk with Esso oil Company and remained as an oil Company clerk until he retired. Withesses to the marriage were William Vowden (Ediths father), W A Mansbridge, Ida Beatrice Vowden (Edith's sister), Elizabeth Vowden (Edith's mother), Archibalk William James Vowden (Brides brother.)
- Percival Joseph Mansbridge witnessed the marriage of Ida Beatrice Vowden and Arthur William Rockett on 15 June 1937 in Henleaze, Gloucestershire; Arthur was a widower at the time of his marriage to Ida. Witnesses to the marriage were Walter John Rockett , Percival Mansbridge (Ida's brothe-in-law), Archibald Vowden (Ida's brother) Edith Mansbridge (Edith's sister) and Florence Emily Bishop.
- On 22 May 1950,his wife, Edith Elizabeth Vowden died in Henleaze, Gloucestershire, at age 64. She died from chronic congestive heart failure and myocardial degeneration.
- In 1959 he lived at 170 Downend Road, Hortfield, Bristol and then moved to 29 Evington Drive in Leister.
- Percival Joseph Mansbridge died on 17 May 1961 in Leicestershire at age 80. He died of bronchopneumonia and diabetic retosis.
- Percival was buried in Westbury-on-Tryne, Gloucestershire. He was buried with his wife Edith.
Child of Percival Joseph Mansbridge and Edith Elizabeth Vowden
- John Percival Mansbridge+ b. 20 May 1925, d. 25 March 1990
M, b. circa 1850
- Thomas Mansbridge was born circa 1850.
- Thomas Mansbridge married Rachel Smith circa 1875.
Child of Thomas Mansbridge and Rachel Smith
- Percival Joseph Mansbridge+ b. 15 November 1880, d. 17 May 1961
William Arthur Mansbridge
M, b. September 1876
- William Arthur Mansbridge's birth was registered in the Bristol, Gloucestershire Registration District in the September 1876 Quarter.
- His marriage, at 34 years, to Elizabeth Mitchell Vowden, daughter of James Vowden and Charlotte Brunsdon, was registered in the 1911 Quarter in Bristol, Gloucestershire Registration District.
Mary Ann Mansell
F, b. 6 June 1781
- Mary Ann Mansell was baptized on 6 June 1781 in Birmingham.
- She was the daughter of William Mansell and Elizabeth Unknown.
- At the age of 25 years, 9 months and 27 days, Mary Ann Mansell married George Todd on 2 April 1807 in Birmingham.
- At the age of 35 years and 18 days, Mary Ann Mansell married George Fleet on 24 June 1816 in Deptford.
Child of Mary Ann Mansell and George Todd
- Dr George Michael Todd+ b. 4 December 1808, d. June 1893
Child of Mary Ann Mansell and George Fleet
- Sarah Ann Fleet+ b. September 1819, d. 22 August 1874
- William Mansell married Elizabeth Unknown.
Child of William Mansell and Elizabeth Unknown
- Mary Ann Mansell+ b. 6 June 1781
M, b. circa 1875
- John Manson was born circa 1875.
- John Manson married Hanorah O'Grady, daughter of James O'Grady and Elizabeth Cotington, on 27 July 1903 in New South Wales.
Agnes Elizabeth Manteit
F, b. 1889
- Agnes Elizabeth Manteit was born in 1889 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Johann Manteit and Mary Naumann.
Alexander Albert Manteit
M, b. 1930, d. 4 January 1930
- Alexander Albert Manteit was born in 1930.
- He was the son of George Manteit and Alice Amelia Schwerin.
- Alexander was buried on 4 January 1930 in Goombungee Cemetery.
- Alexander Albert Manteit died on 4 January 1930 in Queensland. He was 10 minutes old.
Ann Elizabeth Manteit
F, b. 1880
- Ann Elizabeth Manteit was born in 1880 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Johann Manteit and Mary Naumann.
- At the age of 18 years, Ann Elizabeth Manteit married Bernhardt (Benjamin) Blumke, son of Andreas Blumke and Rosalie Kalinowski, in 1898 in Queensland.
- Ann Elizabeth Manteit appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Goombungee. She carried out home duties.
- She and Bernhardt (Benjamin) Blumke moved to the Cooray area around 1926.Their eldest daughter Mary Elizabeth was married there in 1929.
Children of Ann Elizabeth Manteit and Bernhardt (Benjamin) Blumke
- Mary Theresa Elizabeth Blumke b. 1899
- Frank Blumke b. 1901, d. 4 September 1968
- Agnes Blumke b. 1902, d. 1979
- Andrew Blumke b. 1905, d. 1908
- Clara Blumke b. 1907
- James Blumke b. 1911
- Lawrence John Blumke b. 1912
Arthur James Manteit
M, b. 25 January 1918, d. 15 January 1942
- Arthur James Manteit was born on 25 January 1918 in Peranga, Queensland.
- He was the son of Augustinus Manteit and Elizabeth Stanberg.
- Arthur James Manteit enlisted in the Australian Army on 23 April 1941 in Toowoomba He was living in Chinchilla at the time he enlisted and gave his next of kin as his mother Elizabeth Errington. His service number was QX16955 and he served in the 2/26 Infantry Battalion.
- Arthur James Manteit died on 15 January 1942 in Singapore at age 23.