F, b. 1884
Vivianne Laura Ford
F, b. circa 1900, d. 1972
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Austin
- Vivianne Laura Ford was born circa 1900. She was the daughter of Michael James Ford and Mary Elizabeth Riley.
- Vivianne Laura Ford married Francis Joseph Diamond, son of Edward Diamond and Matilda Ann Honey Austin, on 22 December 1923 in Queensland.
- Vivianne Laura Ford and Francis Joseph Diamond appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Davenport Hotel, Nobby. He was the manager and Vivianne carried out home duties.
- Vivianne Laura Ford and Francis Joseph Diamond appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1936 living at Nugee Road, Hamilton, Brisbane. Francis was a clerk and Vivianne carried out home duties.
- Vivianne Laura Ford and Francis Joseph Diamond appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1949 living at 70 Stevenson Street, Hamilton. Francis was a labourer, Vivianne carried out home duties and their daughters were a stenographer and clerk.
- Vivianne Laura Ford and Francis Joseph Diamond appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1963 living at 70 Stevenson Street, Hamilton. Francis was a labourer and Vivianne carried out home duties.
- Vivianne Laura Ford died in 1972 in Brisbane, Queensland.
M, b. 1891
Ethel Maud A Foreman
F, b. 1891, d. 30 November 1958
- Ethel Maud A Foreman was born in 1891 in Hamilton, New South Wales.
- She was the daughter of William Foreman and Elizabeth Unknown.
- At the age of 19 years, Ethel Maud A Foreman married Thomas Aubrey Staines, son of Thomas Staines and Ellen Gywnne Aubrey, in 1910 in Tingha, New South Wales.
- Ethel Maud A Foreman and Thomas Aubrey Staines appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1930 and 1936 living at Richmond District, New South Wales.
- Ethel Maud A Foreman died on 30 November 1958 in Tamworth, New South Wales.
- Ethel was buried in Tamworth Cemetery.
F, b. circa 1780
- Susanna Foreman was born circa 1780.
Child of Susanna Foreman
- John Foreman Staff+ b. 25 February 1802, d. 8 August 1876
M, b. circa 1860
- William Foreman was born circa 1860.
- William Foreman married Elizabeth Unknown circa 1885.
Eliza Ann Forman
F, b. circa 1860, d. 20 March 1937
- Eliza Ann Forman was born circa 1860.
- Her marriage to Matthew Bagley was registered in the June 1879 Quarter in Horncastle, Lincolnshire Registration District.
- Eliza Ann Forman and Matthew Bagley immigrated on 21 June 1885. Matthew 30, and Eliza,31 travelled on the Waroonga with their children Richard 6, Harriet 3 and Infant John. They were all born in Lincoln.
- Eliza Ann Forman and Matthew Bagley appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1903 and 1913 living at Pinelands. Matthew was a farmer. Their son Richard also farmed in the district.
- Eliza Ann Forman and Matthew Bagley appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Pinelands. He was a farmer.
- In January 1936,her husband, Matthew Bagley died in Queensland.
- Eliza Ann Forman died on 20 March 1937 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Eliza was buried in Crow's Nest Cemetery.
F, b. circa 1890
Elizabeth Whitley Forrest
F, b. 1860, d. 11 August 1935
- Merkara - 15 Dec 1882: Other Immigrants on the same ship
- Elizabeth Whitley Forrest was born in 1860 in Carstairs, Scotland. She was the daughter of Alexander FORREST and Isabella HAMILTON.
- At the age of 22 years, Elizabeth Whitley Forrest married Matthew Somerville in 1882 in Scotland.
- Elizabeth Whitley Forrest and Matthew Somerville immigrated to Brisbane on 12 December 1883. They travelled on the Merkara with Matthew's parents and siblings and the wife of Matthew's brother William.
- In 1886,her husband, Matthew Somerville died in Toowoomba, Queensland.
- At the age of 37 years, Elizabeth Whitley Forrest married Horace Stanley Williams in 1897 in Queensland.
- Elizabeth Whitley Forrest died on 11 August 1935 in Thistle Street, Kedron, Brisbane.
- On 24 August 1935Elizabeth Whitley Forrest's orbituary appeared in The Courier Mail. It read:- It read:-
Mrs Elizabeth Whitley Williams - The death occurred on Sunday August 11, of Mrs Elizabeth Whitley Williams at her son's residence Thistle Street, Kedron. The late Mrs Williams was married twice. With her first husband Mr Matthew Somerville, she left Scotland for Australia on the steamer Makarra [Merkara]arriving in Brisbane on 18 December 1883. Her husband died in Toowoomba. Subsequently she married Mr Horace Stanley Williams who predeceased her by three years. Mrs Williams resided in Toowoomba until 1920, afterwards living at Wynnum Central where she was actively interested in the Country Women's Association. While living in Toowoomba she was president of the Caledonian Society for some years."
Children of Elizabeth Whitley Forrest and Matthew Somerville
Gordon George Forrest
M, b. 1917, d. 2007
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
John W Forrest
M, b. circa 1900
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Staines.
Ethel F Forrester
F, b. 1909
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
M, b. circa 1800
- Charts: Descendants of Stephen Hooper
F, b. circa 1870
- Jane Forsyth was born circa 1870.
- Jane Forsyth married David Gray circa 1890.
Thomas T Forsyth
M, b. 1869, d. 1914
Thomas T Forsyth
- Thomas T Forsyth married Ann L Unknown.
Elizabeth Edith Forsythe
F, b. 1877, d. 20 June 1911
- Elizabeth Edith Forsythe was born in 1877. She was the daughter of Robert Henry FORSYTHE and Mary Ann COWAN.
- At the age of 21 years, Elizabeth Edith Forsythe married Archibald McPhail, son of John McPhail and Mary Ellen McGrath, in 1898 in Queensland.
- Elizabeth was buried on 20 June 1911 in Greenmount Cemetery.
- Elizabeth Edith Forsythe died on 20 June 1911 in Queensland.
Children of Elizabeth Edith Forsythe and Archibald McPhail
Ann Clark Fossett
F, b. 1823, d. 4 January 1884
- Ann Clark Fossett was born in 1823 in England. She was the daugther of Joseph Fossett.
- Her marriage, at 26 years, to Charles Cocks was registered in the June 1849 Quarter in Greenwich, London Registration District.
- Ann Clark Fossett died on 4 January 1884 in Queensland.
- Ann was buried on 5 January 1884. BC1-006-0031.
Daphnie Mary Foster
F, b. 23 August 1921, d. 1980
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Bridgeman
- Daphnie Mary Foster was born on 23 August 1921.
- At the age of 20 years, Daphnie Mary Foster married Frederick Albert Bridgeman, son of Thomas Henry Bridgeman and Charlotte Ann Stockman, in 1942 in New Zealand.
- Daphnie Mary Foster and Frederick Albert Bridgeman appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1948 and 1954 living at Owhango, Waimarino, Bay of Plenty. Fred was a labourer.
- Daphnie Mary Foster and Frederick Albert Bridgeman appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1963 living at 198 Juliet Street, Stratford, Taranaki. Frederick was a roadman.
- On 13 June 1975,her husband, Frederick Albert Bridgeman died in New Zealand at age 89.
- Daphnie Mary Foster died in 1980 in New Zealand.
Florence Emily Foster
F, b. circa 1915, d. 1969
Francis John Foster
M, b. 26 November 1907, d. 1983
- Francis John Foster was born on 26 November 1907 in Orange, New South Wales.
- He was the son of John Foster and Martha Williamson.
- At the age of 28 years, Francis John Foster married Gladys Helen Palatchie in 1936 in New Zealand.
- Francis John Foster died in 1983 in New Zealand.
Child of Francis John Foster
- Shirley Frances Foster b. 1925, d. 2017
Frederick William Foster
M, b. circa 1885
James Donald Foster
M, b. 21 July 1916, d. 2 March 1966
- James Donald Foster was born on 21 July 1916 in Tribbey, Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, United States of America.
- He was the son of Robert Lee Foster.
- At the age of 21 years, 11 months and 8 days, James Donald Foster married Esther Jeannette Swift on 29 June 1938 in Clark, Washington, United States of America.
- James Donald Foster died on 2 March 1966 in Lane, Dexter, Oregon, United States of America, at age 49.
M, b. circa 1875
M, b. circa 1810
- Joseph Foster was born circa 1810.
- Joseph Foster married Sarah Newitt in 1853 in Victoria. It is possible this is not the same Sarah. The marriage certificate shows she was a widow.
Robert Lee Foster
M, b. 25 September 1891, d. 11 April 1956
- Robert Lee Foster was born on 25 September 1891 in Bridgport, Wise, Texas.
- He was the son of Elizabeth Ruth Jarmann.
- At the age of 20 years, 11 months and 18 days, Robert Lee Foster married Eula Georgia Campbell
on 12 September 1912 in Canyon, Randall, Texas.
- Robert Lee Foster died on 11 April 1956 in Woodburn, Marion, Oregon, at age 64.
Child of Robert Lee Foster
- James Donald Foster+ b. 21 July 1916, d. 2 March 1966
Shirley Frances Foster
F, b. 1925, d. 2017
- Shirley Frances Foster was born in 1925.
- She was the daughter of Francis John Foster.
- Shirley Frances Foster died in 2017.
F, b. circa 1890, d. 1971
- Theresa Foster was born circa 1890. She was the daughter of Joseph Foster and Sarah Ann Cowell.
- Theresa Foster married Angus Muir MacDiarmid, son of Andrew Anderson MacDiarmid and Amy Constance Mackenzie Shaw, in 1912 in Queensland.
- Theresa Foster and Angus Muir MacDiarmid appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at John Street, Crow's Nest. Angus was a merchant.
- Theresa Foster and Angus Muir MacDiarmid appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at John Street, Crow's Nest. Angus was a merchant.
- In 1952,her husband, Angus Muir MacDiarmid died in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Theresa Foster died in 1971 in Queensland.
F, b. December 1843, d. January 1932
- Elizabeth Fountain was born in December 1843 in Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire, England.
- She was the daughter of Henry Fountain and Lucy Layton Bishop.
- Elizabeth Fountain immigrated to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, in 1853. Elizabeth came to Australia with her parents, brothers and sisters on the "Rattler".
- In 1854 Elizabeth Fountain lived in Bolwarra, New South Wales.
- At the age of 20 years and 7 months, Elizabeth Fountain married John McGregor, son of William McGregor and Mary Stuart, on 19 July 1864 in the home of Henry and Lucy Fountain, Raymond Terrace, New South Wales. At the time of the marriage John was a 22 year old farmer of Nelson's Plains and Elizabeth a 21 year old of Raymond Terrace. John's father William McGregor was a farmer and Henry Fountain, Elizabeth's father, a blacksmith. The ceremony was held according to the rites of the Wesleyan Church.
- Elizabeth Fountain and John McGregor moved to the Parramatta area of Sydney around 1869.Their son William Henry was born in Raymond Terrace in 1868, and another son Robert Alfred was born in Waterloo in 1871.
- In 1870 Elizabeth Fountain and John McGregor lived in 196 Parramatta Street, Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales. John worked as a drayman.
- In 1881 Elizabeth Fountain lived in Henry Street, Waverley, New South Wales.
- She and John McGregor moved to Henry Street, Waverley, around 1881.Their home was near Queen's Park.
- On 28 October 1883,her husband, John McGregor died in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. He worked as a guard on the trams in Sydney and was killed when he fell from a moving tram at Waverley. He died a week later from "injuries accidentally received". An inquest was held into his death on 30th October 1883 by Henry Shiell. John and Elizabeth's last child John Raymond was born seven months later. Its possible that Elizabeth's parents Henry and Lucy Fountain moved in with the family after John's death.
- On 15 December 1931 Beatrice Grant wrote to Ethel Staines regarding her grandmother Elizabeth McGregor (nee Fountain).
Bank of Australasia
Ballina Dec 15th 1931
Your letter has just come so I am answering it at once to give your Grannies’ address. It is "Beverley" Ray Road, Epping.
Poor old soul has just about reached her end. About a month ago or it may be six weeks she took ill with cancer of the stomach, and has been very sick. Mother's letter today says she is weakening very much and the Doctor says she is likely to go off any time. She is suffering great pain and has to have morphia to ease her. Father went down on Saturday to see her. Poor old soul was 88 on Sunday. It seems hard that she should have such an end after the wonderfully active life she has led, and she has lived to a good age.
No Ethel I have not been at all well, and am going away on Friday down to Terrigal till at least the end of February. I feel the heat here very much and am never well really in the summer time. I really do not like going and leaving Mr Grant for Christmas, but he will not hear of me staying. It is always such a busy time for me, and I don't feel that I can cope with all the work in the heat. Dorothy is needing a holiday too. Bruce keeps very well. He is such a dear little chap and getting on so well. You would not know him now. They will all love him at home I'm sure.
I haven't seen Alex for months. He came in about three weeks ago on Sunday to take us for a drive, but I was sick at the time, and in bed. When are he and Dorrie going to be married? I've been going to write to Dorrie several times but the days just simply fly and I am kept busy with the sewing and lots of other duties.
Unfortunately at the beginning of the year I lost my good girl, and have had no less than four since. The one I have now has been with me six months, but not any one of them is as good as Ruth was.
Yes we have had plenty of rain, and it makes it so close and muggy, but you Queensland people have had more than your share. Isn't it disappointing too when the rain comes and spoils all the garden, after one has worked so hard. While your people and we on the North Coast have the rain, the poor folk out West in NSW are having the bush fires. They must be awful out Cobar way.
Of course I am very busy packing up and seeing to everything. There is always such a lot to do at the last with children, but its worth it when there is a nice change at the end of it all. We are going to Terrigal, just out of Gosford to Mother, and may have two or three weeks in Sydney.
I must close now, and get on with my work, but wanted to let you have Grannies address without delay.
My love to Dorrie and I'll try and write her a few lines while I am away. A very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. to you all.
Love and kisses from us all.
- Elizabeth Fountain died in January 1932 in Home of Alex McGregor, Ray Street, Epping, New South Wales, at age 88. Cause of death carcinoma of the stomach.
- She was buried in Waverley Cemetery in the Fountain family plot in accordance to the Presbyterian Church - General Section 4, Grave 251.
- One of Elizabeth's grandsons "'said she had been known affectionately as "Granny McGregor" and often referred to her husband's father(William McGregor) as "Old McGregor" and that she spoke "most disparagingly" about William, who "had a foul temper and was very mean", but she (Elizabeth) was "full of praise for William's wife Mary (Stuart/McPherson.)"
Children of Elizabeth Fountain and John McGregor
- Ann McGregor b. 27 August 1864, d. 30 August 1864
- Elizabeth Jane McGregor b. 1865, d. 1917
- Unnamed Son McGregor b. 17 May 1867, d. 22 May 1867
- William Henry McGregor+ b. 1868, d. 12 February 1936
- Robert Alfred (Bob) McGregor+ b. 1871, d. 1927
- Charles Gregor McGregor b. 1873, d. 1876
- Lucy Mary (Lillian) McGregor b. 1877, d. 1926
- Abraham Alexander (Alex) McGregor+ b. 1879, d. 1960
- Charles Evan McGregor+ b. 1880, d. 1954
- Isabella Elsa McGregor b. 1882, d. 1966
- John Raymond (Jack) McGregor+ b. 14 April 1884, d. January 1954
M, b. 12 April 1817, d. 11 February 1891
- Henry Fountain was born on 12 April 1817 in Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire, England. He was the son of John Fountain and Maria Philby.
- At the age of 22 years, 6 months and 3 days, Henry Fountain married Lucy Layton Bishop on 15 October 1839 in Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire. Henry was a blacksmith and Lucy a dressmaker.
- He was Blacksmith in Morpeth, New South Wales.
- Henry Fountain witnessed the marriage of John McGregor and Elizabeth Fountain on 19 July 1864 in the home of Henry and Lucy Fountain, Raymond Terrace, New South Wales; At the time of the marriage John was a 22 year old farmer of Nelson's Plains and Elizabeth a 21 year old of Raymond Terrace. John's father William McGregor was a farmer and Henry Fountain, Elizabeth's father, a blacksmith. The ceremony was held according to the rites of the Wesleyan Church.
- Henry Fountain witnessed the burial of Ann McGregor on 31 August 1864 in Raymond Terrace, New South Wales.
- Henry Fountain witnessed the burial of Unnamed Son McGregor on 23 May 1867 in Raymond Terrace, New South Wales; The records show the witness as Henry Fountain and a Henry McGregor, but this may have been an error. Lot Bishop, brother of Elizabeth's mother, was the undertaker.
- Henry Fountain died on 11 February 1891 in Tarara, Henry Street, Waverley, Sydney, at age 73.
- Henry was buried on 12 February 1891 in Waverley Cemetery.